I couldn't just leave it naked, could I?
Plus, I wanted to work with the materials I put in my Jump Start Packs to prove to myself that indeed there are enough supplies included to create a fun block even without adding another thing (not counting the interfacing and muslin).
I only had two skeins of cotton floss to work with, but I varied them quite a bit by changing the thicknesses I used (from 1 strand all the way up to 7). I mixed the two colors, too, to get a third color out of them.
This is meant to be a teaching block for people who have never CQed before, so the stitches are basic...but these progenitors of the heavily embellished crazies of today look fine, just as they are! I do tip my hat here to Debra Spincic whose Little Flower Urchins crazy quilt you must go see if you haven't been following along on her progress (she is almost done). She has created many circle flowers and they inspired me when it came time to use the buttons I included in each Pack.
I also limited my stitches to just the ones I am included in my little hand-out that goes in the Pack.
My attempts at drawing these were so laughable that I figured I could sew them much more easily!
I have received orders for 9 of the Jump Start Packs so far, to my complete amazement. I think I might have to set up shop here, maybe on Etsy...later in the summer....thanks to you kind ladies who have shown your interest!