Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Floral 9 Patch, Piecing Completed

What a fun little marathon this has been!
As of this evening the 28" X 28" quilt is pieced with the blocks assembled, the back interfaced, and the perimeter zigzagged. I pieced, appliqued, collaged, and fused to get this together here...crazy quilts will assimilate any technique you throw at them, which is why we love making them, right?
I've long thought it would be fun to incorporate more prints into a crazy quilt project...and this one has more than I've ever used before. This is going to be tricky to embellish, but blissful!...

Ahhhh, that felt good!

16 comments :

Kay said...

Is that beautiful! I love that curved medallion effect in the center.

Vicki W said...

Just incredible!

Threadspider said...

It's gorgeous so far-hope you are going to blog the embroidery too.

Rian said...

Lovely, just lovely! If it's a "little marathon," does that make it a 10K fun run? I like the dark outer against the light inner. It's like a spotlight effect. And the blue ribbon-y effect is stunning.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Blissful is right!! I would call it "orderly chaos," and will look forward with great interest to seeing the embellishments you come up with to "anchor" it. JAH P.S. this gives me a new challenge for my needlepoint versions. I might have to start painting flowers on a few patches.

Marty52 said...

You amaze me, woman!

Gerry said...

As always, absolutely beautiful work! I just love to pop in and see your latest projects.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Me likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Beautiful Allie! Loved watching the process too!

Amy Munson said...

The use of light and darks is wonderful. Cant wait to see it embellished.

Susan said...

It's mind boggling, but beautiful. I can hardly wait to see how you embellish it.

Peticelul Romanesc said...

What a great experience! Corina

Simona said...

It is beautiful! I expecially love the "dark" color used in the "corners".
Can't wait to see the embellishments!
Simona

Samantha said...

It looks as good as it feels!

BöskeZ said...

This is a wonderful garden with shades and light and of course flowers and more flowers!!!
I'm curious too ;o)
Please keep posting!

Barbara C said...

What a gorgeous composition! I love the way you've created a medallion in the center.

GraceBeading said...

Truly - a visual feast!