Sunday, June 10, 2007

Floral 9 Patch, Embellishment Begins


I have a little time to stitch this week-end, but not too much. College boy is home briefly and the garden needs tending to...but I've gotten started embellishing my Floral 9 Patch, on the bottom left corner block.
Right away I've realized that the embellishments on this quilt need to support the overall composition; they are definitely not the stars of the show. I don't think there will be too much motif work, either...I will be staying on the seams this time around.
Which means it all should flow smoothly and pretty quickly...just an extremely pleasant way to work!

11 comments :

BöskeZ said...

What a pretty beginning!
Love your work on this. You are right; your fabrics are already so beautiful that just enhancing them with stitching the seams will be wonderful!

Granny Fran said...

I couldn't imagine how you would embellish those gorgeous blocks and I really like what you've done so far. The seam embellishments really do add to the already tremendous beauty. I love those green leaf beads.

Threadspider said...

I'm learning so much about colour by watching this grow. Looking forward to the next post.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Subtle but gorgeous. I especially like the green area - and as always, fascinated by the curved seams.

JoWynn Johns said...

I love all the curved seams.

Marty52 said...

This is going to be so rich!

Debra Dixon said...

Some times it is a blessing not to have large blank areas that need motifs. Ask me how I know!

Alma Stoller said...

Hi Allie,

I love this piece.
Where do you get such YUMMY fabrics?
This looks like it will be a really fun piece to work on.
I love crazy quilting and haven't done it in eons. I will keep checking on you....your work is very inspiring.

Deb Hardman said...

Very nice Allie, as always.

The store I bought the sari from in Seattle was Travelers Tea Co. . They're at 501 East Pine St.

They have a web page, TravelersTeaCo.com, but don't have any textiles on it yet.

Clothmatters said...

I enjoyed looking at your works of art. Absolutely lovely.

Susan said...

I love the way the herringbone looks on that curve. Great start!