Friday, June 8, 2007

1000 6" Squares

Just getting started, here...


Will I get to 1000?
I am in the initial stages of putting together some fabric packs to bring along to the lecture I will be giving at the Mid-Valley Quilt Guild in Salem, Oregon on June 26th, "From Sane to Crazy". This will be a talk about how one quilter found her way to crazy quilting...and just merrily sailed off the deep end forever.After the talk I hope that ladies are going to want to at least give CQ a try...I was encouraged to bring anything I wanted for sale by my guild contact, so I will put together these packs to make it easy for the ladies to experience working with all the luscious fabrics that sane quilters miss out on...and some embellishment packs too...price them so that the buyers get their money's worth...and hopefully send them home all eager to enter our universe...
I will include diagrams for 4 blocks with the fabrics, and a stitch guide for the Basic Fab 5 Stitches--herringbone, blanket, chain, chevron, and cretan--and just a few construction tips (you all know how I feel about interfacing, for example).
And I will have a hand-out for all who want it of websites for CQ inspiration and information...

So I'll be cutting squares etc. in the mornings and embellishing my Floral 9 Patch in the afternoons.
Thank you all so much for your sweet and encouraging comments about this latest project!

7 comments :

Marty52 said...

Yummy fabrics, Allie! Hopefully you can convert all of them, wouldn't that be cool?

Stephanie said...

Allie, wish I could attend your lecture. Sounds like a winner! I'm sure all your packs will sell out. I just love your latest quilt. Can't wait to see how you embellish this!

atet said...

What fun fabrics -- I know I wouldn't be able to resist them!

Threadspider said...

Let us know how many "converts" you make! With lovely fabrics like this you can't fail.

Kathy Morrow said...

Allie,
Your enthusiasm and love of CQ will make converts of them all!!

Kathy

BöskeZ said...

I would love to be part of it!
I really like your selection of blue and greens!
And I'm sure that a lot of them won't resist ;o)

Susan said...

I didn't realize how much work you were doing in order to entice your guild members into our way of life. LOL! I'd love to hear your lecture myself.