Saturday, June 2, 2007

Floral 9 Patch, More Pieced

Can anyone besides me make sense of this?
Everything in the center and top center blocks is just pinned into place. I like to rough out the colors and values in a block this way before fitting the jigsaw pieces together with the sewing machine.
Once all is sewn down, I will go back and tweak the composition with some strategic applique pieces and my trusty steam-a-seam fusible 1/4" tape.
But basically the idea is there: the suggestion of a square on point within the larger square made up of the 9 patches....

6 comments :

Debra Dixon said...

Yea, I get it!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I like the touch and the colors of the "vintage" hankie!! Also the little bits of the flamingo colored (it looks like) fabric scattered. It's starting to move!! I will really enjoy watching the embellishing develop - what? several months from now? Something to look forward to.

Granny Fran said...

Those florals are giving it a very ethereal look. Quite different than the deep colors of the winter quilt.

Sandie said...

Hmmmmmmmm just amazing colours - I really love the way you put all them florals in and it always turns out fantastic no matter what! Look forwards to seeing the journey of this quilt.

Threadspider said...

It's looking good-the colours are picking up well, to my eye, from block to block. I would never have thought about making a block wall-what a great way of working out colour and tone values. Looking forward to the next pic..

Rian said...

Delicious!