Monday, June 18, 2007

Floral 9 Patch, Embellishment Continued

I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on the Floral 9 Patch crazy quilt...but I snuck in a few seams this morning.
My seam treatments are going to need to emphasize line in this piece. The curves of the piecing (and applique) are good, but because the fabrics are so busy, I need to highlight them more. So that is what I did in the three details below.

This is a blanket stitch base that has been wrapped with a 12-strand thick silk floss.

This is the same thing on the other side of the quilt. I am going for some hints at symmetry all around this quilt...but just hints. Nothing exact. (I could never pull off exact anyways.)

Here is a cretan stitch with leaf beads and flowers, using velvety nylon thread, similar to what I put in the opposite corner block of the quilt, which you can see here. The lace and herringbone treatment will no doubt show up in many other places, too.

5 comments :

Threadspider said...

Just gorgeous.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Soooo glad to see this gorgeous thing again! I was about to request that you take time out to embellish the top two corners so I can study them. It's looking good. Once again, thanks for sharing your work. It "sings and dances." JAH

Rian said...

I love these colors and fabrics. Simply divine.

Granny Fran said...

It looks like you've created your own braid with those embroidery stitches. What an eye you have!

Debra Dixon said...

I agree with Fran. I thought that was braid too. Clever!