Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Jump Start Packs"


I am feeling like Santa Claus filling Christmas stockings these days. Assembling the "Jump Start Packs" for my upcoming guild lecture has been so much fun. Each one is a slightly different combination of fancy fabrics, trims, floss, and MOP buttons...not enough to really fill in a CQ block as we old hands would, and I am not including the foundation fabric or needles (as I would in an Official Kit), but there is plenty here to get a sane quilter started on a couple of blocks just to try out our glorious art form, if she chooses to purchase a Pack.
I will have a couple of block patterns, stitch diagrams, and tips printed up and inserted into the packs too.
I have twenty done, with somewhere around fifty to go....

10 comments :

Debra Dixon said...

Hey, those are my colors!

Just curious-how much are you charging for your packs?

Threadspider said...

NO! Theyr'e MY colours : ) They look so wonderful-love that Chinese dragon fabric.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Absolutely my favorite color scheme!! and I agree that the dragon is wonderful. It looks like some silk my father brought from China after WWII. I'm sure your audience will be mesmerized - and converted from sane to crazies!

Marty52 said...

Yummers... and what Debra said... how much you charging for these lovelies? Just curious. ;0)

Rian said...

No, they're MY colors!

Yummy, yummy, yummy!

Granny Fran said...

Oh my, how could anyone resist? That is so scrumptious! When and where is the guild meeting? I may have to make a fast trip. Hoho!

Kay said...

Beautiful! And what fun--you get to pick the colors and fabrics and trim, and not do the work. (I know, I know, that's a non-handwork person speaking!)

Interesting how many people like this color scheme.

BöskeZ said...

Just yummy, indeed! and I like these colors too ;o)))

Barbara C said...

50 to go! Wow, that's a lot of cutting. This is a lovely grouping. It makes my fingers itch to see such a good combination of materials.

Susan said...

Absolutely great idea, and I love the name you picked! Big guild!