Sunday, August 10, 2008

Greetings from Lake Michigan!

I want to thank you all for your comments on my Spring CQ. I am overwhelmed!!!!

Now I am at my beloved Michillinda...it's an old row of cottages on Lake Michigan, where my family has come for over 90 years. One of the cottages has WiFi, and I am sitting in their yard with my laptop as I type this. ;-)


We've been walking on the beach....

and enjoying the evenings looking out at the lake....

..and of course, watching the sunsets.

And then unwillingly going to sleep. But it is in my grandparents' room, which I love....

There is something so special about connecting to the family history in this beautiful place....and finding inspiration for new quilts!

16 comments :

Vicki W said...

That's a beautiful place and that sunset photo is breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Vicki - and that beach looks almost tropical, not what I expected of Michigan at all.

Karen 's World said...

You are so lucky to have such a place to recharge your battery after such a great quilt. I use to have a lake to go to each year but it ended up going to a new family and now I just have my memories. Thanks for the pictures they remind me so much of my youth!

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the memories, Allie. I, too, went to a friend's cottage on Lake Michigan a few times in my youth. Be very happy; the weather here at home has been less than stellar, epecially this weekend. Fall is in the air?

Barbara C said...

Thanks for the virtual postcards of your trip. It looks so lovely--enjoy your time there.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I can almost smell the piney scent and hear the lone gull's cry.

Meteor shower peaks Tuesday, you should have awesome views even tonight. Wish on a star!

NCPat said...

Lovely photos--where in Michigan? I am a transplanted Michigander!

Sue Krekorian said...

Oh, my! What a perfect place for peaceful contemplation and inspiration. I feel better for just seeing the pictures so imagine you'll return to normal life turbo-charged!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

That would be a restorative for any soul. Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Allie. Have a sublime holiday.

Debra Dixon said...

Who needs Hawaii?

indiaartist said...

Wow ,lucky you! Enjoy and post a lots of snaps.

verobirdie said...

such a beautiful place! Your next quilts will be extraordinary if they are inspired by this landscape!

Jane said...

Beautiful pics Allie!
What a special, spiritual place to lay your head at night and what awesome power familial connections give us. I'm sure your pillow has been full of stories!

Shay said...

oh, you lucky woman! we rented a cabin on Lake Ontario every summer when I was in my early teens. It was the most wonderful experience.

Cat said...

These golden hues shining thru the dark tones are indeed an inspiration! Beautiful beautiful!