Saturday, January 15, 2011

Quick Projects

...and I mean quick!
With just a day or two to get these done, I sat at my machine for some crazy quilting. Yes, those built in stitches do come in handy sometimes.

I needed a 6" X 6" quiltlet for a gift, so whipped this out in an afternoon. It felt strange not to be doing handwork but it was still fun.

I also was behind on a fabric postcard swap, so pulled this one together in an hour. The trick was having all those flowers cut out beforehand. I have a big stash of those... ;-)

The flowers were fused on, then a layer of tulle was quilted over them, with the tulle finally touched up with a little Tsukineko ink.
Sometimes it is so great to simply play, just thinking about the intended recipient all the while!

Do remember, I will be drawing the winning name from the comments on my review post of Emily Cier's book, Quilt Remix on Wednesday, January 19th. So you have until the 18th at midnight to enter and win a free copy of her fabulous book! I'll announce the winner on Wednesday.....from here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6KcsLZwq3w

Talk to you then!

4 comments :

Raspberry said...

I agree - built in stitches are a life saver! I've made so many darling baby blankets that way in an hour. :)
Everything looks lovely.

Barbara C said...

I love that you used machine embroidery stitches. I always think I should use mine more.

Guin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guin said...

I received the post card. Thanks so much, it is beautiful. I'll see you next week. Guin