Monday, January 24, 2011

Barbara's door...Progress

It is a fine place to work, for sure.


I've got pelicans, dolphins, and the occasional dog walker on the beach for company as I stitch.
There's been good progress on Barbara's Door.

I am happy with the feeling of this because it really does express my idea of Barbara herself...

There is a quotation that is going to get stitched on in the bottom corners, a little beadwork to add, and a few more details...but this is getting close to done.

Stay warm up there, dear friends!

7 comments :

Gerry Krueger said...

Allie I just love it ..especially how you the delineated the house and door... What a pleasant spot to stitch.... Gerry K..

Susan said...

Wow you sure are an inspiration to me. love your work

Susan Elliott said...

It looks beautiful Allie! What is inside Barbara's door, I wonder? I find myself wanting to open it and peek inside.\.or put a wreath on the door and a pot of flowers on the stoop...why Barbara's door and not Barbara's window...maybe the quote will tell me??

Happy Holiday to you!

Cathy said...

This is coming along so beautifully, and really captures a Sonoran, Talavera feel thanks to your addition of flowers. Barbara needs a pot of flowers on her porch (her real porch!) LOL. Beautiful and inspirational, as always! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Hugs, Cathy

Judy S. said...

How'd you do those flowers and leaves? You are NOT missing anything weatherwise, that's for sure!

Rachel said...

Stitching to the sound of the sea - what could be better?

Barbara C said...

Wow! Look what I've missed while I was too busy working! I love the wreath/niche around my door, and the colors are wonderful! I'm going to have to get busy on your piece.

I didn't realize you were near Guaymas, which was the first place I visited in Mexico when I was 17. There's something poetic in you being there making this piece for me.

I do indeed have a (jade) plant and a black bench on my front porch now, but the picture was taken right after I had my house painted, thus the naked entry way.