Thursday, January 27, 2011

Barbara's Door...Finished!

This "home portrait" was a meaningful and fun experience for me. I am happy with how it turned out.

I asked Barbara for a short phrase or quotation for me to embroider on the piece. She gave me a lovely line from Emily Dickinson.

"Where thou art, that is home." How beautiful....

Barbara is engaged to be married, so I wonder whose portrait might go in this locket?

I can guess....

I do know that whomever goes through Barbara's door will find grace, beauty, and wit.

She is making a Madonna piece for me in exchange for her home portrait. I'll show it to you when I receive it....
Blessings on your house, Barbara!

15 comments :

Darlene said...

Beautiful, I will have to try this.

meg cox said...

totally charming. love the quote.

Needles Everywhere said...

That is an amazing piece. How talented you are.

Suztats said...

That's beautiful, Allie!

Rachel said...

Delightful. Barbara's a lucky girl!

Tina said...

beautiful

Laurie said...

I would never have thought of something like this, it turned out beautiful Allie, can't wait to see yours!

Kay said...

It's perfect for her! Wonderful job, Allie.

NickiLee said...

How beautiful! I loved how it turned out and I bet Barbara is going to love it!

BTW - Hmmm did you know that my first name is Barbara? Maybe she won't miss it LOL! Enjoy the warmth!

Teri said...

Beautiful!

Summerset said...

Beautiful and it really captures the character of the person who lives there, too.

Quiltgal said...

It is juve lovely.

Conni said...

That is just beautiful, Allie - so inviting! And the Emily Dickinson quote is perfect!

Barbara C said...

Thank you so much Allie! I love it and it's wonderful!

Rebecca Grace said...

Allie, your Barbara's Door quilt is beautiful! I featured it in my blog this morning. Now that I've found you, I'm sure I'll be back to see what else you've been up to. Thanks for the inspiration!