Wednesday, October 29, 2008

CQ Landscape...A Warm-Up, Part 2

I added another "layer" of work on this little experiment, some stitching over the felted on leaves. I used the Kreinik Soi Noppe that I love so much. They don't make it anymore... ;-( or I would give a link on where to buy some.

Also, thanks to Leonie's most welcome critique in an email, I've covered up some of the visually distracting dark patches "behind" the branch with more leaves. There is some more filling in to do, too, as I go along. And lots more detail on the branches.
Working with the Babylock embellisher is such an immediate process! I love how fast it is.

Here's a detail shot. I've added the barest seam treatments along the patch edges on the left there. So far that element seems unintegrated with the rest of the piece, so I'll be addressing that issue next...

Also...I want to make sure you all know that Pam Kellogg is again posting on her blog! She is changing the emphasis a little bit...there is still absolutely gorgeous stitching going on, but her approach is now more personal and inspirational. Have a look! Welcome back, Pam...we missed you!

4 comments :

Debra Dixon said...

When you get an idea, you really cook with it! Very free and natural [unlike me who is planning everything down to the stitch :-(]

Heaven said...

I love the photos of your landscape quilts. We have a home in Prince Edward Island that takes your breath away. It's right on the ocean, I would so love to be able to capture the beauty of that place in a quilt. I'd need to learn how to sew first, I guess. :)

This one is coming along nicely Allie, can't wait to see more.

Judy S. said...

Very pretty, Allie, and so like the beautiful foliage that's so prevalent lately. Aren't the leaves gorgeous this year?

Patricia said...

Allie, this is just beautiful. I am in awe of your work. The tree looks so natural, love it.

Pat
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com