Filling in the second half of the front of the sweatshirt and adding some more detail is starting to pull it all together for me.
I don't want the look to be "folksy" but I'm not going for an "artsy" effect either. Really I am just responding to the fall season...and the great leaves and flowers that are still among us.
Dahlias! They put on such a great show in October around here, a flaming good-bye to summer right up until frost. These grow along a protected side of my house where they get lots of afternoon sun...I may have them into November. I hope so!
This sweatshirt front is getting there...the felting on the back is pretty wild and will be my next focus.
If you click on the picture above, you can see the bead-like knots I made at the base of each spiral.
I used a fat needle and some wide rayon ribbon that my friend Freda Butler sent to me.
So if you don't have the right size and color of bead that you want, you can make a pretty good substitute!
The sweatshirt has a boxy fit that I am not crazy about (and which my sister said I should never wear...sisters know these things better than we do.) I'm going to play with making some alterations to the fit after the embellishment is done....