Fabric printing is always a bit nerve-wracking for me because I am never sure if the colors will be right, the fabric will feed into the printers properly (I use two different printers and many different fabrics), if the print will actually be a good one, etc.
However, once I got into the groove I spent about five hours today printing up images of Michillinda for my landscape CQ....which I will call the "Cottage CQ" from here on. For the most part things went well and I got lots of imagery on fabric to work with.
These images will be cut up and pieced in a crazy quilt style along with some standard CQ type fabrics...you can see some of those piled up under the pictures.
The cottage in the center will be embroidered over...that's a technique I really enjoy, and will work well here.
It's going to be quite the challenge to integrate the representational with the abstract...and have the whole read as a cohesive and harmonious composition. But I've been thinking about this quilt--and taking hundreds of photos for it--for about three years, so I am ready to take it on at last!
Diane asked how I get the images on fabric.
Here is a tutorial on the subject from awhile back...