The details are just about completed now.
French knots, using some "Light Effects" thread by DMC; little flower beads with seed bead centers, lots of different silk ribbon petal-like stitches, and little 2mm sequins with various seed beads securing them...all of these went on. Then I decided I needed some finer branches, so I embroidered those with some DMC linen floss. My goal was to create an overall unified effect using lots of different materials. I thought that would make the whole more interesting.
I added some herbage to the grassy foreground area, too. There will be a bit more to add there....Then I just have to frame this and I auditioned many, many fabrics toward that end. The one that won is going to be a lot of fun to use, something different for sure.
When that is done I will start on the Take It Further challenge for April. An idea has arrived full-blown in my mind...this does not often happen!