Sunday, February 24, 2008

Embellisher Sites of Interest

Thanks for your kind comments on the little landscape! I just had to tweak it after I posted it yesterday; there's a picture below.
But first I want to share a list of Embellisher sites of interest, sent to me by Catherine Smith, a lady who teaches the use of the Embellisher at the very store where I purchased mine. She and I plan to get together in a few weeks...we only live an hour apart.
Anna VanDemark has also sent me some information...do check out her lovely site. You will recognize some of her quilts, national award-winner that she is....and Jules has posted two links to Christopher Nejman videos..here and here. He is exuberant with his Embellisher, that guy!
Catherine, Anna, and Jules...thank you so much.

Here is the list:

www.Tonicarroll.com

www.pacificwoolandfiber.com

www.fiberella.com

www.outbackfibers.com (this site is especially dangerous)

www.treenwaysilks.com (so is this one)

www.tryourdesigns.com

www.hermajestymargo.com

www.hookedonfelt.com

www.embellishandstitch.com
(this is a book by Valerie Campell-Harding and Maggie Grey)

www.flightsoffancyboutique.com

These are enough to get us going, I do believe.

And here is "Germination", tweaked. I filled out some my little rows of emerging plants, and added those leaves to my bushes. Now it's done!

11 comments :

Marty52 said...

Even better now... so many new techniques are ahead of you, I'll be watching!

Jane said...

Your "tweaks" always make the difference in your pieces,LOL. Just those little nuances you add take your work to a whole new level. Thanks for sharing the list of embell sites, too.

Wendy said...

Wow!!! Really amazing. Great job. Wendy

JoWynn Johns said...

YES!!!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

You are correct!! That Treenway site is very very dangerous. I am compiling a list now for a major order!! I was especially "hooked" by the fusion process - and will be shortly obsessed with it, I'm sure. Thanks for another great adventure.

Unknown said...

the embellisher look so fun>> germination really captures it. love the sky seester

Susan said...

I love the germination block. The embellishing is so interesting, and I'm seeing it on many blogs, but I am swearing I will *not* get involved in another technique! =)

Anonymous said...

Wow, and this is your first try and it's beautiful. Can't wait to see what's next. The squishy came, thanks so much! It's definitely an incentive to plan something pretty!

Debra Dixon said...

I am trying not to look at the embellisher at the store just now because I have so much to do in the meantime; but, we are having 2 classes in March and I foresee I will be hooked too.

Very cool work!

Betty said...

Love it! As a seed starter and gardener myself, I can really relate to this landscape.

Cathie said...

Oh Allie - this is too cool. I am sooo in love with this type of embroidery - and just bought myself some perle cotton and other fibers to give 'er a go. Very inspiring!