Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Laptop Bag

That fuzzy totebag I made in August was supposed to be for carrying my laptop around at Quilt Market in Houston next week. The only trouble is, I put a big purse magnet in it, and computers don't like the company of magnets....at all. Plus, the bag ended up being too large for that purpose.

So I am using some of my newly printed fabrics in a second go at a laptop bag. I cannot seem to get away from flowers and these colors...they will look familiar to you!

These prints came out pretty darn good!

I know, shades of "Summer Mandala"....haven't gotten that whole approach out of my system as yet, this we know. Auditioning fabrics here. I am going to crazy quilt a large block for one side of the laptop bag.
We crazy quilters have to represent ourselves well at Quilt Market, don't we?

Getting started with the piecing here...

...continuing on....(I so love piecing!).....

Here's the block finished. I wanted to make sure and work some black into this block to go with the black I'll be wearing. I think its addition sharpens the other colors right up, too.

And we are off to the races!

7 comments :

Threadspider said...

Pure heaven. Summer colours are still calling, but I see some darker hints of winter creeping in here too. You will stun them at the Quilt Fair.
I am going to get back to crazy quilting after I finish my waking dream piece.

Debra Dixon said...

Oh yes, small technicality that magnet!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Oh the CQ ladies will be well represented with that bag in attendance!! Hope you are taking the camera as well.

Vicki W said...

I'm going to be on the lookout for that bag!

Rian said...

I had Jim price that printer--whew, that's a nice one your friend lent you!

Anonymous said...

Are you only going to Market or are you staying for Festival? I want to see that bag in person! (No Market for me-only Festival)

Amy Munson said...

I dream of going to Houston. Hopefully it will be in the near future. Have a great time.