Saturday, October 6, 2007

Red and Gold Fan

Here we have the card table set up for the Post Season in the TV room. Poor Mike Scioscia, the California Angel's manager, is getting a bad feeling here about what is going to happen in the bottom of the 11th inning....

Meanwhile, another fan has appeared, and I don't mean a baseball one, either!

I should have known this was going to happen to this quilt...beads and sparkles are not to be denied.

Here is that red and gold fan "in context". See those seed beads scattered across the velvet patch? I am getting the sinking feeling that all the patches in the center section--except the large pieced fans and the H block--will be getting that treatment before this is all over.

5 comments :

Threadspider said...

And aren't beads and velvet just made to be together? Those fans are are a great design element-I really like them. And what an autumnal colour palette this is, or perhaps I'm just in an autumnal place in my mind.

Debra Dixon said...

Your embroidered fans are a great second layer for your fan theme idea. Very nice!

Deb Hardman said...

YOUR DETAILS ARE ALWAYS AMAZING ALLIE! Oops, sorry for shouting.

Spectacular fans. I was looking at my Crazy clock today, & thinking the same way, there's so much more to do on it. It could be 2 or 3 more years before it's finished.

JoWynn Johns said...

The fans are terrific, but so is the fabric on which you've worked the red and gold fan. I LOVE it.

Granny Fran said...

Beautiful! I have decided that crazy quilt blocks will be my monthly 2008 challenge. I've got to figure out how I can work on my quiltmaking while watching the Rockies play.