Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fun with Elle and Dave

After finishing a long project, it is so much fun to just play for awhile in a totally different mode.
I pieced this large block for a wall-hanging for my expectant niece yesterday. It's 17 1/2" X 21 1/2" at present.

I'll be writing about this piecing technique for the upcoming issue of CQMagOnline
so I'll save process shots for then...

We are all so excited about the twins' arrival!

On another note, by good friend Cindy Thury-Smith was recently interviewed about crazy quilting by her local TV station in Minnesota. Her delightful humor shows through...so check it out..it's too short a segment but a great glimpse of my wonderful friend. You can watch it here.

6 comments :

Judy S. said...

Your niece will soon be one busy gal! Might they be girls?

Deb Hardman said...

WHAT FUN! Such a sweet memory for her.

The cottage quilt turned out fabulous! Absolutely AMAZING!

I am nearing the finish on my little CQ. Thinking about teaching a class with my unorthodox methods. We'll see.

Esther Gregory said...

That's a great picture, they are really sweet together.

Marty52 said...

What a great picture of them... your quilt will be such a special memory! Your friend Cindy looks like she is a hoot! Such a great sense of humor.

Barbara C said...

This is a great picture. The quilt will be a wonderful gift for their family.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Allie, Your niece will treasure this CQ. The photo is super. I also love the movie clip of Cindy. Pretty neat. Hugs judy