This is the view from where I am typing...I know, rough, isn't it?
I'm so glad you all enjoyed Leigh's gorgeous embroidery. I must say, it makes me look at my own with new eyes....as in, let's "pump up the volume" a little bit!
But first, I had to get all the stitching on the black background for my Alliance quilt done so that the patches would be defined. I also wanted to go for that classic crazy quilt "look".
I forced myself to keep to one colorway...blue/purple. I thought this would set off the flowers a little better than if I went multi-colored in the black section.
And as for those flowers.....
This IS an experiment, embroidering over Broderie Perse. I've put in one day so far (it was rainy yesterday), and this is where I am so far.
...and here is a detail....
For me, this is the "iffy" stage. This section is nowhere near fully developed so all I see when I look at it is how much work needs to be done to get it to look right.
Faith in the process is a good thing at this juncture!
We'll see what happens....