Except now it has a new grown-up name for an upcoming show entry, "Summer Mandala".
I documented the whole process of putting on the French Facing edge, but as I'm going to be writing that up for the next issue of CQMagOnline and have described it on my blog before, I won't put all that up here.
I did want to show, though, that before I sandwiched the quilt, quilted it by hand in the ditch (not fun, but actually what the quilt needed), and put on the facing, I did reinforce that top border seam by hand. That is because when the quilt is hung there will be lots of gravity pulling on the seam, and a fine line of silk thread whipstitched wasn't going to be enough to handle the load.
I used beading thread and a small stab stitch, going in and out along the fold where the seam would have been if I had sewn this on the machine.
Here are a few detail shots from the finished quilt.....
And here is the whole thing...
I think the dark green border makes it all a bit more formal looking, a little less chaotic.
I've really enjoyed this project....thanks for coming along with me on it!