Friday, July 29, 2011

See You at Fabric Depot August 13

I'll be returning to Fabric Depot in NE Portland, OR to sign books, demo my new pattern from Brookshier Design Studio and get excited about stitching with fellow crazy quilt enthusiasts on August 13, from 11 a.m. til 2 p.m.
Looking forward to it very much!

My sister and I took her daughter there yesterday to buy fabric for the backing of young Qwen's first quilt.  Imagine our surprise when we were greeted by this sign at the entrance.

"You mean me?"

That's my sister looking on, quite amused.
It's going to be fun, and I hope to see you there!

Meanwhile, Qwennie decided on some yummy cuddly fabric for the back of her quilt.  We aren't going to need any batting, as this is a lightweight California quilt/bedspread.

Here we are pin basting it and will start quilting today!

6 comments :

Barbara C said...

It must be fun to impress your family with how famous you are! I hope they were properly awed.

You niece's quilt looks lovely, and quilting with her must be very special.

Leeann said...

looks like you are surprised by your own fame! Wish I could go but New Zealand is along way away, good luck and look forward to reading your post about it

Debra Dixon said...

Rock Star! Rock Star!

Jean said...

Well, I was there in January! I will just have to live vicariously! Enjoy the time... I will be in St. George Utah... watching the plays (musicals) "Grease", and then ...oops... can't recall the other one! Have fun for me too! Wish I could be there to visit!
Oh, and don't get writers cramp!

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work. Best of luck. From www.rightgadgets.in/items_subcat.asp?Category=Printers_India_Online&cid=9&brand=HP&scat=48*

FredaB said...

I told you that one day your name would be in lights. Well if no lights at least on posters. I bet you felt good having your neice and sister seeing that.

I repeat Debra - Rock Star!

Hugs

FredaB