Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Pretty Crazy" in Riversilks Ribbon

It's been a stitching marathon over the last couple of days!
The challenge for this variation of my "Pretty Crazy" pattern for Brookshier Design Studio was to incorporate all the colors in Riversilks' "Summer" collection and keep the stitching simple enough for newcomers. So I kept to just three stitches: herringbone, detached chain, and French knot.

I ended up not curving the seams too much, because I really do want to keep this simple, an introductory project in both crazy "piecing" and silk ribbon embroidery. By the time a newbie is done with this, those three stitches should be second nature!

3 comments :

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful Job Allie!!! this should rope some newbies into the CQ experience!!!!

Cathy said...

Absolutely lovely! A lot of CQ’ers need more practice working with silk ribbon, and this would be a great project for them, too! I hope you enjoy Salt Lake! Call me if you get any spare time! Hugs, Cathy

Vicki W said...

That's lovely and a great beginner project!