I didn't want my flowers to compete too much with the Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks in the border. More like they were "growing from the same soil"...
...so I kept to the same 1930's color palette.
I used a diluted Tsukineko ink to get the color on them.
Once they dried, I've been playing with their arrangement on the quilt.
Click on the photo to get a better view. I've placed the brown silk ribbon around the quilt to give myself a visual on how it will look bound.
These flowers are still pretty subtle looking, blending in perhaps too much.
But we can fix that....!
I usually don't have trouble parting with my fund-raising quilts (this is for the Alliance for American Quilts), but this one might be a little harder to send off....