I put an unusual binding on my "Garden Lace" CQ...I used jacquard ribbon, handsewn on the front, and then on the back. I liked adding that extra detail in the ribbon.
To finish "Elle and Dave", I mounted it on foam core, stretching it nice and taut. I wrote an article for CQMagOnline about how to do that here.
Both of these are ready to mail.
On the back they look like this....
I must have had that cotton lace panel fabric for 20 years! Kinda scary...
Now I am fully engaged in the final preparations for the workshops I'll be giving in Baltimore in early May. The components for the kits for Crazy Applique are cut out, the instructions written and printed, and all just needs to be assembled.
After that the in-progress block examples need to be sewn, and then the kits for the Embellished Flowers workshop need to be assembled. So I am not going to have much of interest to blog about here for the next week or so....but it is pretty fun work, pulling everything together.
I am so excited about my teaching debut! ;-)