In keeping with my experiment of setting strict parameters for this crazy quilt--use of only home-printed flower fabrics, and only lace between all seams--I am putting very few kinds of embroidery stitches on my seams as well. Just herringbone and detached chain...plus a few beads here and there.
A highly unified look is my design goal this time around. Crazy quilts are not necessarily random!
Keeping the stitching simplified speeds things along, too, as there are fewer decisions to make along the way. I've started from the bottom and am working my way up the piece.
Some of the flower photographs I printed had lace in them, too, like this one in the bottom right. Makes it kind of fun...
I adjusted the central circle area so that it is more uniformly round. This involved some quick work with the seam ripper and repinning and resewing, but was actually quite painless!
I'm away for a long week-end....hopefully this embroidery will be done by the time I get home.
May we all enjoy some lovely spring sunshine this week-end!