Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pat's Peace Sign...Part 2

It's been busy around here!

First I spent a couple of hours with Pat's Peace Sign this morning...

Getting the actual peace symbol on there early on seemed important...I want the rest of the block to support it, not overwhelm it.

These little rudbeckia flowers will form the "scaffolding", which will be filled in by smaller, more detailed flowers and leaves.
I still need to get that wreath more even in width, but the flowers going on will help me do that.

Most of my time yesterday was spent in the kitchen, making of all things, ketchup. I just had to try it, with all those tomatoes we have. Very labor intensive stuff, is ketchup! Cooking it down and down and down....we finally finished it up quite late.

We're going to try out the extra on some home grown roasted potatoes tonight...we'll have fresh from the garden fava beans and corn as well...and how about some just harvested carrots in a carrot raisin salad?

I'm still working with the flowers, too.
I tried and tried to get a better Star of David but those angles and straight lines just defeated me. So I made a mandala inspired by the six pointed star......

Best wishes for Rosh Hashanah!

5 comments :

Marty52 said...

Mmm... like these, Allie. Your peace sign is coming along nicely, I must say. I like the way you continued the fabric outer cirle with the ribbon flowers. Verra cool! The colors in the "star" are yummers... the feathery green bits really add alot to the design without overwhelming it.

Summerset said...

Very nice - I like how you've combined the printed flowers with the 3-D textual flowers.

Rissa said...

Two of my favorite symbols, the peace sign and the six pointed star! :-) Beautiful!

Susan Elliott said...

oooohhhhh!!! Black-eyed Susans -- the Maryland state flower and they are great! They really are great.

Judy S. said...

Very pretty, Allie. I love the background fabric on the peace sign plus the black-eyed Susans as well as the mandela....catsup, now what's left? I'll bet it was very tasty!