Friday, March 7, 2008

Embellisher Experiment #5, Denim Shirt, Finished

This really didn't take that long, but what an easy way to dress up a denim shirt. To Marg in Calgary who commented....that Stampede sounds fun and it would be a great place to wear this! I had my cousin's cattle ranch in Wagon Mound, NM in mind, too....

The Battenburg lace has so much going on that I just embroidered simple blue backstitching along the tape, to secure it on and soften it up a little more. A little row of picot-edged lace with some pearly-beads down the front, a few loops in the eyelets there...those were the only elements I added.

So here is the back....

And here is the front. It will look just fine over a new white Tshirt...!

9 comments :

The Carolina Quilter said...

This is beautiful! You couldn't believe it began life as a humble denim shirt!

Amy said...

I like how the lace looks soft and worn, a perfect compliment to the denim shirt. Enjoy wearing it.

Vicki W said...

It's fantastic!

Kay said...

That really is very pretty, and quite wearable too.

Granny Fran said...

The denim lover in me is really impressed. I love that look. That will be great in Wagon Mound, you'll wow em!

Judy S. said...

Allie, your shirt turned out just great! I love the way you embellished around the blue flowers and the back stitching on the lace. What a neat way to spice up eyelets! I'll bet you get lots of compliments when you wear this.

Deb H said...

It looks great Allie. It would be fine wear for the Alaska Fiber Festival too!

Maybe you could come & play with us sometime!

JoWynn Johns said...

WOW!

Charlene said...

I can see this with a white broomstraw skirt, or white eyelet sundress and garden hat...as well as jeans and white T. Versatile to say the least!! Love it!