Lots of trial and error going on here, but I have made a few strides in my quest for a clear, color-true image of the flower pictures printed on fabric.
I narrowed down my choices to print on to silk satin and silk broadcloth. The satin was shinier and a brighter white; the broadcloth had a nice tight weave, more of a matte finish, and was just slightly off-white.
For both sets of prints I set both the digital photo and the printer saturation levels above normal by a bit. For the satin set I also upped the contrast...it would have made a difference in the broadcloth but I had forgotten to do it.
The satin was my favorite...but because the broadcloth came out so muted, I tried defining the flowers and bringing out their color with some NeoColor Wax Pastels. You draw right on the fabric and then iron it to make it permanent. These "crayon" looking lines gave a different feel to the prints which I'm not sure, but I might kind of like....
This is the silk satin print set.
Here are the pastels...
And here is the pastel-enhanced silk broadcloth print. You will probably need to click on this to see the effect of the drawing.
All I can think is, "Hmmmmmmm....."
Now, if those dang roses would hurry up and start blooming!