Friday, March 29, 2013

Twenty Years in the Garden....Finished!

Oh, how I have enjoyed this project.
It was a much needed interlude between finishing the book with Val and a new endeavor which will keep me quite busy until mid-May (when I can tell you about it; I'm quite excited!)

All the vegetable beds planted looks like this:

The corn is a little short.  But I didn't have enough ribbon to make it taller!
Such are the problems when gardening and embroidery meet.

As we all should do with our finished projects, I provided a label with some documentation.

It includes a photo that inspired my quilt too.

I made a simple binding from turning the backing fabric to the front in a fold, and appliqueing it down.  But I dressed it up with some couched cording.

This was a nice opportunity for me to get a little more warm color into the piece.

And now it is done and mailed off to the Quilt Alliance for their "Twenty" contest, exhibit, and fundraiser (though I'm not eligible for the contest as a serving board member, I love to participate each year.)

Happy Gardening, everyone.  Tis the season!





22 comments :

Queenie Believe said...

This is a wonderful quilt!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Monica said...

Gorgeous! But seriously, Allison, how do you let them go? I get too attached after all that work. :)

Vicki W said...

It's fabulous!

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

what a masterpiece!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done. It's a wonderful treasure.

Sandra said...

Outstanding! And your label is wonderful too.

FredaB said...

wonderful as usual Allie. Love the corn.

Hugs

FredaB

Rebecca Grace said...

It"s breathtaking, Allie, and I love how you incorporated the photo in the label!

Suztats said...

Now that's a garden I could dig in. Wonderful.

paqui said...

Enhorabuena , esta precioso !!

Gretchen said...

Incredible!!!! All these tutorial have been inspirational. thank you!

Mary Decker said...

This quilt is gorgeous. I love it! I want to sit on a garden bench and enjoy it for a long time! You are a gifted artist!

Alexandra Abarca said...

Really nice.

Ale
Costa Rica

Joyce E said...

Love it! I could look at it all day! I am always amazed watching your quilts come together. Dare I dream to reach such greatness? A fan for life!

Jean C. said...

Looks to me like a "great harvest" this year!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your work is fabulous! I love your garden and all that you have growing in it and the sweet little cottage too.

FlowerLady

Judy S. said...

Awesome! I love it.

Cristina Cofaru said...

A wonderful spring, with health, many smiles of happiness and the most beautiful rays of hope from Romania!
http://cristinacofaru.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/7-lucruri-despre-mine

Elisabeth said...

Wow! What an amazing project. It's so beautiful!

ZielonaMila said...

Great job:) Greetings

JustGail said...

Your garden quilt is wonderful! That corn is just right for 65-day varieties - in my garden, it's only about 2 1/2 tall when it starts tasseling.

QuiltingFitzy said...

It's just as beautiful as you are! I'm loving your Craftsy Crazy Quilting class, and hope to one day be able to translate a photo too! Thank you for all you do for the quilting world.