Thursday, October 27, 2011

Flower Experiment...progress

I have a very nice spot in which to work.....

You have to love a place with no phone or TV, but excellent WiFi....lapping waves...sparkly sunshine...
The bright colors all around are just right for working on this project.

One of Debra's hummingbirds flew in!
As always, I am trying to use my seam treatments to "shape" the composition of this piece.  If these flowers were still available when we get home, I would do more pounding and take more pictures to add another border of them...but alas, by then they will be gone.
Still, this is a nice warm up for what could be a large project next year.....

8 comments :

Rebecca Grace said...

Your crazy patchwork is fascinating me. I did some crazy patchwork on a Christmas tree skirt a few years ago, and had a ball with decorative machine stitches, bobbinwork, and even some hand embroidery and beadwork. But I had reds, greens, blues and golds mixed all over my tree skirt. The effect you're getting by using different fabrics within a narrow color range is so much subtler, and really INTERESTING! I'm going to have to try doing it your way next time!

Rebecca Grace said...

Okay, I just noticed something else. Either I'm crazy or you have CURVED seams in your crazy quilting -- HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!!

Vicki W said...

What a great view and a wonderful project to work on. I love that color palette.

Angela said...

You can't help be happy looking at those colors!

Deb Hardman said...

It's wonderful & bright! I lov the colors.
Couldn't you take your original photo & reprint it to use the same fabic in the borders?

Barbara C said...

These colors are wonderful--and perfect in a tropical beach setting. Have a wonderful trip.

Jean said...

As lovely as your picture is soo far,
the colors (the bright oranges) make me think of pumpkins... hmmm I wonder if pounding pumpkins would work color wise? (Funny, it made me think of that music group called "Smashing Pumpkins")....I can't be sure that I've ever heard them before. Funny what can get stuck into your head!
Hope your enjoying all the wonderful phone/tv free time!

Conni said...

LUV TEH ADDISHUN OV TEH HUMMR!

JUS WANTD 2 SAY DAT AI RECEIVD AN EMAIL FRUM AMAZON BOUT UR DECK OV CARDZ. WUT FANTASTIC STOCKIN STUFFR IDEA! AI’VE PUT IN MAH REQWEST 2 SANTA!