Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Home Portrait for Meg

I am definitely flitting between genres at an accelerated pace these days!

Putting aside my investigations into the delights of my Go! cutter and other new tools for the moment, I'm making a portrait of one of my friend's homes. This is the picture she wants, and it printed up beautifully on the silk crepe de chine I got from Out of My Mind Prints.

Yes, that is a hoop...I don't normally use one but for the fine stitching required (as the scale is so small), a hoop will help me stitch in an even straight line.

I wrote about creating "place portraits" in the recent issue of CQMagOnline. You can read it here.

I'm looking forward to working on this one...and it matches the weather outside too. ;-)

4 comments :

HEKSEN said...

I can't wait to see it finished. I really love all the stitches you are sewing. Have seen all the pictures on your blog in the last two days.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

How pretty this! Upon "clicking to enlarge" I could really see how small - relative to other things in the photo! As always, I look forward to watching.

Barbara C said...

Those round lace motifs make perfect snowflakes to accent the picture.

Susan Elliott said...

Oh...that palette is one of my faves....icy blue and snowflakes and crystals and brrr.....and thanks for the new source for the ColorPlus fabrics...