I decided to keep a tight rein on the seam embellishments for this piece, as I wrote in my last post.
I have always loved those old crazy quilts that use the same stitch on all of the seams...so I tried that here. Fly stitch and more fly stitch!
The colors were also kept under control...green for the outer border, blue for the inner one.
First a close up...
I varied the weights, fibers, and thicknesses of the threads so there was some choosing to do as I worked...but those parameters were pretty strict.
Overall, I hope this approach helps unify everything, and not detract too much from the central focus...
What's left to do is some couching of some cording between the borders and a smaller thread couched around the central image, between it and the lace. This after I block the piece and hopefully get it all straight and square.
Then on goes the binding and it is done!