This is a portion of one of the wildflower patches in Robert's garden. It's been putting the zap on my head! It's compelling me to try my next "stitched over printed photo" project, as I really liked making "June".
My sketch for this project is laughably primitive, but I'm afraid it always is. In this case I drew it on my nightstand table at 2 a.m.
The center landscape is the main focus, with a dark border and then some 3-D poppies along the bottom and up the sides.
I've got the print finished, after a few false starts. I'm going to use my stitching to "pump up the volume", colorwise...
It's on ColorTextiles prepared silk crepe de shine. (I ordered it from Out of My Mind Prints.)
I'm eager to see how the stitching will work with this detailed of a print. As soon as the ink dries, I'll interface it, and then sew some narrow muslin strips around the edges. I'll just remove them later, but they'll help protect the edges of the print while I'm handling it so much in my hand-stitching.