Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Workshop at Point Bonita..."May"

Our fearless leader of the Point Bonita quilt retreat, Kathy Ronsheimer, asked me if I would lead the guest workshop this year. What an honor!
Our artists-in-residence, Bettina Havig, Mickey Lawler, Judy Warren Blaydon, and Nancy Halpern give fabulous new workshops every year...plus one "guest teacher" is invited to offer a workshop each year too. Attendees usually pick one workshop per year from these offerings, and it is really hard to choose, too.
Actually this year there will be two of us filling the guest teacher slot. Lynn Koolish, author and editor at C & T Publishing, is showing students how to paint on fabric using C & T's new Surface Design Center products. (That's the workshop I'll be taking. Very excited about it!)

And I will be teaching a little project showing how to make a small embellished portrait.

"May"
8" X 8", 2009

Each of my students will be bringing in their own photo-transferred "subject" already appliqued onto background fabric, and then they will be learning the flowers shown here.
I can't wait to get the needles into their hands!

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. What a privileged for them to learn how to make then. Wonderful!!!


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Raspberry said...

That sounds like so much fun! I keep waiting for an event like that over here (CO). :)

Kay said...

It's not surprising that you were invited. You'll be an inspiring instructor. I read about these new paints and they sound like something great to learn about. I always enjoy your Point Bonita reports, Allie. Have fun, and be sure to tell us about it.

Kathi said...

Love the flowers on this piece!

Judy S. said...

May looks like a close relative of our Ginger! What a fun project, Allie. They're lucky to have your expertise.

Anonymous said...

Great piece! I'm not surprised they asked you to teach, though.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.