So everyone's sewing space gets as messy as mine!!! How good to hear that... ;-)
I dug out, regrouped, and finished up my block piecing...also completed another flower motif.
This one was simple. Both the flower and the leaves were cut from some trim I got from Mokuba in New York.
Now, before I show how my quilt is shaping up, I want to refresh your memory concerning the original quilt that inspired it.
Ah, this is such a beauty.
I have cut down on the number of blocks but did try to keep the proportions fairly close to the same, and also simplified the fan blocks.
I did try to leave some big chunks of fabrics in the blocks for later motif embroidery (not my strong suit but I'll give it my best shot).
Also...I tried piecing with straight seams but gave that up quickly. It just wasn't possible!
My goal was to retain the reference to vintage, but give it a thoroughly modern punch.
The blocks are just pinned in place on the design wall, so things could get moved around a bit still.
I always try to build in some common elements into my blocks...to help unify things. These blocks all have white in them, and most of them use trim from Ally's Bazaar. (Such great prices...and wonderful service, too.) There is large lace on every block as well.
That outer border is going to wait til last, which could be awhile, but I hope and trust it will tie everything together.
Now it is time to pack up my blocks and some embellishment supplies...I'm heading to Michillinda tonight on the red eye!
I can get mail at the neighbor's, (they have WiFi) but I won't be blogging til I get home...so, see you in a week...and