This is what they call sunshine around here these days!
You can see why I've spent the last week embroidering green, green, and more green onto my Spring CQ.
This is a row of appliqued leaves being buttonhole stitched on. I thought I would be a cleverboots and use applique as a seam treatment...the stem between the leaves will probably be a chain stitch.
Each of the four arcs is getting a variation of the same seam treatments. Once I decide on one, I put it on each arc in a different spot.
Here is the upper left arc.
And here is the upper right one.
Here is an overall shot of the quilt to date. The garden is definitely growing!
I am so glad I decided to assemble this before starting on the embellishment. It is a really fun way to work.
More leaves are coming in the arcs before I venture into the flower zone....