Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Quilt of Valor #2 In Progress

I've been loving these colors whirring under my sewing machine needle...especially knowing that this quilt is destined to bring comfort to a returning wounded soldier, and to show my support and appreciation.
But creating this quilt is not the only way for me to do that. A friend reminded me yesterday that our soldiers really appreciate hearing from us while they are far away from home, too. Her son in Iraq requested a care package of baby wipes to deal with the primitive desert conditions where there are no sanitary facilities. So I'll be sending one of those off too....

These panels will form the main body of the quilt, lapsized at 60" X 72". I cut enough strips to make another one...I have among my children, nieces, and nephews a total of SIX graduations coming up this June....

10 comments :

belvedere beads said...

what beautiful colors and rhythm the quilt to be has.

Vicki W said...

That quilt is going to be awesome!

Barbara C said...

This a beautiful combination of colors and a striking design.

Marty52 said...

I love these kind of quilts... the mixture of colors is so interesting. Six graduations! Gah... you better start sewing!

Threadspider said...

This is wonderful-reminds me of the beautiful way rock strata is laid down in a landscape; strong and bearing the history of the ages.

Kay said...

This is lovely--very sophisticated and contemporary, but masculine too.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I love the way the blue/teal pops from all these fallish colors. Very pretty!

Debra Dixon said...

Looks cozy and comfortable!

Let me know if you need some cotton fabrics for those 6 quilts. I have plenty to share.

Granny Fran said...

I love that quilt! It's amazing how the colors and stripes come out looking so sophisticated. And no corners to match! That's my kind of quilt.

Sandra said...

Ooh! That's different...and stunning! Someone's going to love it!