Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Floral 9 Patch, Center Left Block Embellished

I've been able to get a little time in on the Floral 9 Patch in between weeding, watering, and preparing for my trip.
I'm working my way from the outside in on this quilt, block by block, mostly. The center will be last.
As before with this quilt, my focus is on using the embellishments to shape the overall composition....

That's an overall shot...

....and here are some details. That purple rayon triangular trim is neat, isn't it? Lotsa bang for the buck...

I tried to carry over those little blue flowers with the yellow centers into the seam treatment alongside them.

Those thick herringbones done with 7mm ribbons were used to compensate for the seams they cover, which were too straight. I kept the colors and values close to the patches behind those seams so that they didn't stand out too much...just enough to help the eye move along there, but not stop for too long.
My idea of fun!

But it is really going to get hot today and tomorrow, so we'll be heading to the river....

The Washougal has the best swimming anywhere!!!

4 comments :

Samantha said...

your detail shots are just stunning! what gorgeous work!

Debra Dixon said...

Those herringbones are too cool! I must try some embroidery with ribbons!

Leonie said...

Allie:
Your purple rayon triangle trim almost looked like needleweaving at first glance. What a lovely addition!
Hope you have a wonderful trip to Michigan - I know it inspires you so! Enjoy yourself and have a safe trip!

Threadspider said...

This is just so lovely. It is going to be such a precious thing when you have finished-the garden and a crazy quilt all in one.