Friday, March 7, 2008

Embellisher Experiment #5, Denim Shirt, Finished

This really didn't take that long, but what an easy way to dress up a denim shirt. To Marg in Calgary who commented....that Stampede sounds fun and it would be a great place to wear this! I had my cousin's cattle ranch in Wagon Mound, NM in mind, too....

The Battenburg lace has so much going on that I just embroidered simple blue backstitching along the tape, to secure it on and soften it up a little more. A little row of picot-edged lace with some pearly-beads down the front, a few loops in the eyelets there...those were the only elements I added.

So here is the back....

And here is the front. It will look just fine over a new white Tshirt...!

9 comments :

Jo Raines said...

This is beautiful! You couldn't believe it began life as a humble denim shirt!

Amy Munson said...

I like how the lace looks soft and worn, a perfect compliment to the denim shirt. Enjoy wearing it.

Vicki W said...

It's fantastic!

Kay said...

That really is very pretty, and quite wearable too.

Granny Fran said...

The denim lover in me is really impressed. I love that look. That will be great in Wagon Mound, you'll wow em!

Judy S. said...

Allie, your shirt turned out just great! I love the way you embellished around the blue flowers and the back stitching on the lace. What a neat way to spice up eyelets! I'll bet you get lots of compliments when you wear this.

Deb Hardman said...

It looks great Allie. It would be fine wear for the Alaska Fiber Festival too!

Maybe you could come & play with us sometime!

JoWynn Johns said...

WOW!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I can see this with a white broomstraw skirt, or white eyelet sundress and garden hat...as well as jeans and white T. Versatile to say the least!! Love it!