Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Matt's House...Progress

Thank you, everyone, for your support and condolences regarding my missing quilt.  I really appreciate it!

While I was at Michillinda I got a fair amount of stitching done on the home portrait of my brother's house. It sure was nice, stitching away on the porch...

Here is an overall shot.  The print is about 8" X 10".
I still have the flowers in the foreground to stitch...and the borders around the piece of course to do.  But most of the work on the image is done.

Some details....

I have to use fine thread to try and keep in scale with the image.  The #12 perle variegated cotton used in the agapantha leaves seemed downright huge!

It was fun covering that latticed area....

The next week is going to be busy with my sister and niece coming for a visit.  Qwen and I are going to have some fun in the sewing room...  ;-)

1 comment :

Kalona Mincey said...

Auuh, what happened to your missing quilt, Allie? Were you the one who made it? If yes, then you can probably make another one, right? Anyway, even if it's late, I'd still like to give you my condolences. However, what you did on the home portrait was amazing! Your hands are really creative. :)