Saturday, October 20, 2007

Laptop Bag, Day 3

I've been merrily getting myself in and out of jams with the embellishing of this block. That's what happens when you decide as you go along what you are going to do!
The great Carole Samples draws out her blocks and stitching meticulously before she threads a single needle...actually, the word meticulous doesn't begin to cover it when it comes to Carole's work. But I just can't see how that would be possible, at least for me.

I am very much aware of trying to define my design with each element that gets added with the embellishments here. But meanwhile this is just a heck of a lot of fun.

4 comments :

Debra Dixon said...

While I didn't draw each and every stitch, I did draw most of them on Little Flower Urchins and it was a big help getting the look I wanted. But, we all work differently, which is a good thing, I suppose.

atet said...

Lovely -- as always. As for the creative process -- everyone is different, I love the freedom you have when you are creating -- and the fact that it brings you such joy!

Threadspider said...

I like the floweriness you have going there. I'm all about the spontaneous, after I decide roughly what is going to happen, but even then I tend to just go with the flow.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Even if I draw out the composition of the block (much less stitches), it gets changed in the process. I agree that Carole is amazing, but that's her method. Then there's YOU -- pretty amazing, your own self!!