Friday, August 24, 2007

Autumn Tote

I made such a mess this morning! But I've swept up and am left with two pieced tote sides, ready for their next step, which is joining them with a bottom piece in the middle, adding a lining to the back, and quilting them.

Ha Ha! To start things off I finally got my prize iron from the $100,000 Quilting Challenge out of its box where it has been languishing for two months since its arrival. (I am slow to take on new tools; the sewing machine I won is still in its box.) This is one great iron, the heavy artillery.

I used it to fuse some interfacing onto the backs of my two muslin tote foundation pieces.

Fast forward 2 1/2 hours and we have Side A....

And Side B...or as Dr. Suess wrote, "Thing One and Thing Two".
I want to class this up a little beyond my normal tote and am going to use leather on the bottom....and maybe go to the great folks at my local shoe repair shop and have them make me some leather handles for it, too!

6 comments :

Marty52 said...

Love the colors in this... so nice and tweedy with jewel tones laid about... lovely!

Debra Dixon said...

You could also buy a leather purse at the thrift store and cut off the handles.

Looking good!

Rian said...

Your fabrics are beautiful and it's gonna be an awesome (and enviable) tote!

Granny Fran said...

Yummy!

Susan said...

I like these colors a lot! I'm not much of a fall color person, but these are super! Nice iron.

Sonji Hunt said...

So are you telling me that iron cost $10,000?