Monday, February 5, 2007

TAST Cretan Stitch















After a few weeks in cyber-limbo and some false starts with other software, I decided that Blogger would suit me just fine....
I am a little behind with my TAST, as I have been gone on my annual quilt retreat to Point Bonita, California for a week. (I'll be posting more about that soon.) This is the last work I have done, and it was using the Cretan stitch over a printed photograph of some white pines that I took on the shore of Lake Michigan. I think this idea of embellishing photos has a lot of potential.

It will no doubt take me a little while to learn the Ways of Blogger, but in the meantime this is a start! I'm so glad to be back.....

16 comments :

His Office, My Studio said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!

Rian said...

Hey Allie, welcome back! And welcome back to cyberspace. We missed ya!

Kim said...

Welcome back. You'll be fine with blogger!

Grangry said...

Allie, nice to see you back!

doni palmgren said...

Allison, it is so great to see you back on line. I check in on you every day. So, you really have been missed.

Sarah E. said...

Allie, welcome back! And welcome to Blogger! Your pine-trees-in-creatan is a really lovely piece to start off your new blog!!

Conni said...

Missed your glorious eye-candy!

Kathy Morrow said...

Allison, sooo glad that you are back. I thought that my computer was having a fit. I also check your blog out on a frequent basis. Love your work. You and Sharon B are my favorite crazy quilters. Thanks for the inspiration.

Marty52 said...

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo glad to have you back!! If I can figure out Blogger, anybody can!!

Kay said...

Yay! So glad you're back! And as usual, you've got something interesting to show.

Judith said...

No nice to see you back, I have missed you
Hugs
Judith

Elizabeth said...

Allison, my heart is happy that you're blogging again.I was missing your blog because I loved to come and just look at the beautiful flowers and needlework. Thank you for sharing so much of what you see with us all through the blog.

BöskeZ said...

Hi Allie, so pleased to see that you have a new blog. Hope this time everyting will be OK!
Now mine is "older" than yours ;o)))

Ati said...

Allison I am so glad at you are back, I have missed you lovely work.

Karen 's World said...

Welcome Back! I missed checking in with you each day. Sort seemed like I was missing something each morning!

Debra said...

Welcome back to the world of the bloggers!!