Friday, February 9, 2007

Second Purple Heart Block

We call ourselves "the ArtBraLadies" because we have contributed decorated bras over the last three years to the Way to Womens Wellness Foundation. WTWW has created calendars, note cards, and exhibits from these bras, which can be viewed and purchased here, and made a lot of money from them to donate to breast cancer research, and also to provide care to indigent breast cancer patients.
We've evolved into a tight online group and have other service projects, too. These are collaborative projects....crazy quilts for which each of us donates a block or two. These quilts are donated to hospitals where cancer patients are undergoing treatment.

Each year's project has some parameters so that the blocks will "go together" harmoniously. (I know I wrote about this on my old blog, so please excuse me...I can't link to that old post! It is a goner!) This year's blocks must be 8" square, use predominantly purple, and have at least one heart in them.
Here is my second block for this quilt..I am having a love affair with red, purple, and orange these days....I'll be posting the other ladies' blocks over the next few weeks. Each one is a dazzler!

7 comments :

Robin said...

Soooooooo great to have you back, Allie!!! (Found your new blog courtesy of Debra Spincic... yea!) Reading all your posts to the new blog has been a wonderful Friday morning treat! Love it all, especially the cats and the picture of you and your Robert from the time of your farming life. My Robert even got up from his computer to see why I was laughing, particularly at the needle felted cat... and stayed (!) to see the whole lot of them. Many blessings to the Embellishment Queen!

Kay said...

How pretty! It's a change for you to like red, isn't it? And happy anniversary. I don't know about Robert, but you look the same as your newer pictures :)

Susan said...

Yours is pretty dazzling! I like the focus on the heart and the colors around it that highlight it. I look forward to seeing each and every one.

Rian said...

Very pretty. I love what you're doing with the Art Bra Project. And I love my calendar.

BöskeZ said...

The calendar is beautiful Allie; it has the best place in my kitchen ;o)
Please, for the next time, tell me about the challenge and the rules, I would be glad to do one or two blocks for the project.

Debra Dixon said...

I love how you used the flat discs (buttons?) to make the heart. Very pretty block, indeed.

Sonji Hunt said...

I am so impressed with the service element of your group. It's a wonderful action.