Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lace Bouquet

I have lace on the brain, definitely!

This time I wanted to play with painting it for a small composition....the project was for an upcoming episode of QNN TV's "Quilters Newsletter Workshop", airing in April of 2014.  I just got back from taping it in Denver with the wonderful Jodie Davis.

So I started with some vintage blocks.  You know me and vintage blocks, I'm in love.

These blocks gave me my palette.
I then went out to the garden to pick some flowers in the same colors, for painting inspiration.

You can tell, I was having a lot of fun!

When the laces were all painted, I arranged the bouquet on the background and sewed them on with my machine.

This is really quite quick using clear thread...I just had to be mindful of all those pins.

I liked it alot, but it still needed something.....

Of course!  The stipple quilting really helped the bouquet and blocks pop out.

What a fun project!  You'll be able to see a lot more about it when the Quilters Newsletter Workshop episode airs next spring.

Thanks, Jodie, for having me!

5 comments :

Wendy said...

Absolutely stunning work! This so inspires me to get more creative with my appliqué work. Thank you!

Arlene Delloro said...

I really like this piece, Allie. Very creative use of lace.

Gaye said...

I love that you went to your garden for color inspiration! Thank you for the gorgeous work you create. Truly inspirational!

Unknown said...

aw... amazing....

Judy S. said...

Love it!